Monday, April 11, 2011

BP2 QTR4: UN Quick Write

      The UN is an organization promoting peace and non-conflict among all countries in the entire world. UN stands for "United Nations", which means all nations coming together and working together to maintain peace and progress. And it would be 'all nations' because the UN is open to any country who wants to join it. But there are more countries who are NOT part of the UN than the ones who are joined.

      A lot of people feel that the UN is insignificant in todays world. I strongly disagree. The UN is extremely significant, but is it for a good reason? To be honest I feel that all that the UN does is get into other country's business. Sure they do some good things, like handing out vacines and rationing food, but I think that we have enough problems in our own nation to be worrying about other peoples problems. I do like it when they help out countries where there has recently been a natural disaster, but when they try to help with a war effort, we lose our own lives in the process. Also it has happened when we try to help, and we become part of the war itself.

       Look at it this way, say someone was robbing a bank at gunpoint. Everyone is working very hard to not get shot, but sometimes when the police come in, the police are the ones who are getting shot. But other times they know how to do things, and the person is arrested and no one is hurt. I think the UN knows what they're doing, they're just going at it at the wrong way.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting take on this. I'd be interested to hear about what your plan to get the UN back on track would entail.

    ReplyDelete